Thursday 21 April 2011



In 1692, when witch trials gripped the community of Salem, Massachusetts, twenty-six children were accused as witches, exiled, and left for dead. Fourteen of them survived.
The Survivors is the first installment of the tantalizing tales of the fourteen ill-fated Survivors and their descendants, who have been content in hiding for over three centuries. Isolated on a Montana mountainside, only Sadie, the rogue daughter, dares to abandon the family's sacred hiding place. But no matter how far Sadie runs, something always pulls her back.
On a muggy summer night in Tennessee, she witnesses a shocking scene that will change her life forever. It is the first in a sequence of events that will drag her from the human world she's sought to belong to for over a century and send her back to her Puritanical family and into an uncertain future filled with cunning witches, mysterious nosferatu shape-shifters, dangerous eretica and vieczy vampires, millennia-old mythology, and the search for her own mortality. After all...
HOW DO YOU KILL A SURVIVOR?
The Survivors will steal your heart and invade your mind. Fall into the pages of Sadie's life, a world so frighteningly similar to your own, you'll find yourself wanting to go to the Montana mountains to find the Survivors for yourself.
And it is only the beginning.


4/5 STARS

The survivours was a book I just had to have after reading the summary and was very lucky to be given a ARC by Amanda Havard (thank-you Amanda) I loved the premise for "The Survivours" as I have never read anything on the salem witch trails before and was not let down at all. This book has witches,shape shifters and different types of vampires what is not to love about all of them in one book. The book is told from Sadie's POV. I loved her voice and you just couldn't help but like her right from the start.All the other charaters make this book what it is and it has the right amount of character interaction. I am totally in love with Everett such a gentlemen. While reading The Survivours I wanted to know where all Sadie's money came from and was really glad when I found out. Also I felt that it couldn't make up it's mind if it was a YA book or a adult paranormal book but either it didn't take away from the amazing writing and was still suitable for younger YA readers. I loved the twist that I didn't see coming with the winters family towards the ending. I would have given the book 5 stars if it had just a bit more action in it but fingers crossed that book 2 has a bit extra on the action front. All in all I can't wait for book 2 after reading the sneak peek at the back of the book please please say that I don't have to wait a year for it. A great start to a new YA series :) Favourite Quotes= 1/ "For better or worse,I had kept that promise.I regretted it every day." 2/ "I realized only then that I had always assumed isolation was about naivete, but what if it was aboutmore than that?" 3/ " I can compete with anything except you not wanting me to know you.I'll listen to anything you want to say.If it's tough stuff, I'll hold you while you cry. If it's strange, I'll believe you. If it's terrible,then I'll forgive you.I just want to know who you are." 4/ "I need you to love me more than death"

No comments:

Post a Comment