Thursday 21 April 2011



It's the beginning of senior year and Yuki's psychic awareness of ghostly spirits is threatening to ruin her life. Her ability to sense spirits of the dead isn't glamorous like on TV. SHE SMELLS THE DEAD. Yuki is being visited in her dreams and suspects that her friend Calvin is involved in something strange. Will Yuki be able to save the spirits and herself?



3.5 STARS She smells the dead is the 1st book in a new YA series. were we meet Yuki the main character and her ablity to smell the dead. Yuki is a enjoyable character to read about along with Cal who I love to bits to her best friend who was likeable stright away. I loved that this book wasn't just about Yuki being able to smell the dead but that Cal had his own secret aswell.Yuki was a bit slow to catch on to Cal's secret as myself as a reader got it before her. What I really liked about this book was Yuki and Cal together and how there fate is woven in to each other. my two favourite quotes are - "Keep your feet on the path of healing help the lost ones find their way.You must be the flame in the darkness" - "I miss you you're standing right in front of me and I miss you" With the ending of this book i look forward to reading book 2. She smells the dead is a good start to the series. fingers crossed book 2 will be even better. Over all a really good YA paranormal romance. Which is a must read for any YA lover.

No comments:

Post a Comment