Thursday 21 April 2011

Theia Alderson has always led a sheltered life in the small California town of Serendipity Falls. But when a devastatingly handsome boy appears in the halls of her school, Theia knows she's seen Haden before- not around town, but in her dreams. As the Haden of both the night and the day beckons her closer one moment and pushes her away the next, the only thing Theia knows for sure is that the incredible pull she feels towards him is stronger than her fear. And when she discovers what Haden truly is, Theia's not sure if she wants to resist him, even if the cost is her soul.

3.5/5 STARS
When I first started reading "Falling Under" I had no idea it was about demon's but liked the premise and carried on reading. But for me Falling Under just felt like the average YA book with nothing outstanding to set it apart. The last 100 pages saved it from being totally bad. All that being said there where parts that I did enjoy. I really like the book in Theia's POV with parts of what Haden was thinking added in small parts. Also towards the end the book filped to Haden's POV with added bits from Theia worked in to it. The romance between Theia & Haden was the saving grace of this book. Favourite Quotes= 1/ "I've wished I could walk away from you-even stop thinking of you for an hour,a minute.But I can't.I've tried.I need you with a longing that will surely kill me if I don't give in to it-but it will kill you if I do." 2/"This isn't a crush;it's obsession.You are never not in my thoughts.Your scent carries across a room and paralyzes me with longing.I don't want to hold your hand.Part of me wants to set you on fire and hold you while the flame consumes us both, to eat your heart so I know that only I possess it entirely" 3/"No, I don't remember you. I don't remember holding you or talking to you or falling in love with you-but I walk around with a giant hole in my heart all the time. I feel your absence every secondof the day.It aches and nothing soothes it. Losing you is bad enough, but I don't even get the comfort of remembering that I had you once." I will be reading the second book because I do think that it has potencial to be even better than Falling Under and I enjoy Gwen Hayes.

No comments:

Post a Comment